Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Somethings Wrong with Josie?


The first time I heard this come out of my doctors mouth I shut down almost immediately' because of everything We had been through to this point I was sure this was not going to be something I could go through when my strength had fell to the side. I was instantly sick, confused beyond belief, and really mad. I want to know how can I make this better, what can I do. My doctor assured me this was nothing I had done my other ultra sounds where fine and this was typically a genetic type of condition "hydrocephalus" I hated it when I heard it' I wanted it outta of my daughter and outta of our lives. I was so unsure and every medical piece of information I came across made me sick. It seemed every case was different, Lil was known about it and what caused it' and to top it all off their was different forms of the condition. Wow I was lost and I shut down in my doctors office so I was really in limbo for a few days, I used those days to focus on what was important, MY DAUGHTER' BOTH OF THEM! I talked to God I asked him to take away my anxiety and you know he did' I asked God to put understanding in my heart and where it hurt with uncertainty was suddenly filled with assurance, I asked God to please keep me and my thoughts open and optimistic and I have had zero pessimistic images in my mind. I have decided with Gods help we would be okay regardless of the outcome. I gave the Internet another chance and I came across threads with all kinds of different parents going through similar situations as myself and a lot of them had great things to speak of. I am looking forward to getting to know other parents faced with the issues that have been placed in our path and I am really looking forward to getting to know the Nero doctors/ surgeons and staff at Riley's Children's hospital in Indianapolis. I have a high regard for my faith and my daughters life and I plan to do everything I can to ensure she will have the best quality of life. I am thankful for my family, friends, my job, co-workers, and all the people who have helped me along our way. Gods Speed, and God Bless.

No comments: